- Ready in: 30-45 minutes
- Categories: Muffins & Breads
- Submitted by: Sarah Creighton
- 1 C. dairy-free milk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 C. flour (1 C. whole wheat + 1 C. all-purpose or pastry flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 C. applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3/4 C. date sugar
- 1/4 C. WholeSoy vanilla yogurt (plain works too!)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and pureed or finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with non-stick spray.
In small bowl, combine milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside (this will magically turn into "buttermilk" by curdling a bit).
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
In large bowl, mix together applesauce, oil, sugar and WholeSoy yogurt until well incorporated.
Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring until just combined. Stir in apples.
Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire cooling rack for 10 minutes, then slice and spread with non-dairy butter...mmm!
Store the bread in a plastic ziplock bag or airtight container once completely cooled. (Easy to freeze too!)